Click here for the first part covering the Cyber Attacks from 1 to 15 October 2012.
Here is the timeline for the main Cyber Attacks in October 2012. A month that has been characterized by hacktivism and also by several remarkable cyber crime operations.
For sure the next days will be hard for taxpayers of South Carolina, whose Department of Revenue has been targeted by foreign hackers able to access records of 3.6 million of individuals. But hard days are going to come also for banks: not only the trail of DDoS attack against U.S. Banks has continued even in the second half of the month (although different groups took credit for them), but also, on the cyber crime front, Citigroup has lost 1 million of bucks because of a loophole exploited by a ring of 13 individuals. Different motivations, same lesson: bank security needs a dramatic improvement.
Moving to hactkivism, nothing new under the sun. The pale sun of October has enlightened several operations targeting governments (Greece and Italy above all, to reflect the delicate situation of these two countries) and organization all over the world…
As usual after the jump you will find all the references.
If you want to have an idea of how fragile our data are inside the cyberspace, have a look at the timelines of the main Cyber Attacks in 2011 and 2012 and the related statistics (regularly updated), and follow @paulsparrows on Twitter for the latest updates.
Also, feel free to submit remarkable incidents that in your opinion deserve to be included in the timelines (and charts).
- 755,399 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
Every information is reported with its source.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- August 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 1-15 March 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 16-31 March 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- Analyzing a banking Trojan info.lastline.com/blog/analyzing… - 6 days ago
- 16-31 March 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2y0 - 1 week ago
- @raistolo @dguido have you tried @HackSurfer? - 3 weeks ago
- 1-15 March 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2xK - 3 weeks ago
- How To Build An Effective Sandbox: info.lastline.com/blog/different… - 3 weeks ago