Feb 19 2012: Middle East Cyber War Timeline Master Index
I tried to summarize the chain of events that is characterizing the Cyber Escalation in the Middle East. I collected the information from several sources in order to provide a detailed picture of what is happening between Israel and the Arab Countries since the initial claim of 0xOmar. Observing the evolution of the chart, the Cyber conflicts seems to follow the same rules than real wars: innocent victims, propaganda and psyops, different paths of escalation and guerrilla tactics. This Cyber Conflict in Middle East is probably crossing the line: from now the landscape will not be the same anymore.
From the initial action of 0xOmar to the Israeli reaction, passing through the declaration of Cyber Jihad (the chart is updated to Sunday, the 22nd of January), (too) many events have happened, involving different hacking crews, different countries (also some French and Canadian web sites have been defaced) and different kind of attacks. What was started as an endless chain of massive leaks seems to be evolving as isolated actions typical of guerrilla.
Follow the line of a Cyber conflict that, similarly to the real one occurring in the Middle East, appears far from being solved…
- 879,277 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 1-15 August 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 16-31 December 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- 1-15 June 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- UPS says 51 stores infected with credit card stealing malware ars.to/1nbAUal - 1 hour ago
- 1-15 August 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2DG - 1 day ago
- Europe's new data laws: how many cloud vendors would comply? Only one cloud provider in 100 study finds. zdnet.com/europes-new-da… - 4 days ago
- RT @helpnetsecurity: A look at advanced targeted attacks through the lens of a human-rights NGO - bit.ly/1nNAt5s - 1 week ago
- New study: Activists pose easy target for nation-state attackers ars.to/1uLbZ2C - 1 week ago
- A Look at Advanced Targeted Attacks Through the Lense of a Human-Rights NGO, World Uyghur Congress labs.lastline.com/a-look-at-adva… - 1 week ago
- July 2014 Cyber Attacks Statistics wp.me/p14J6X-2Dm - 1 week ago
- @jmsahr @ericdknapp @icsisac THX 4 jumping into the fray! If helpful I tried in the past.. 2 much time Xpensive 4 me! paulsparrows.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/infogr… - 1 week ago
- RT @lastlineinc: At @BlackHatEvents? Stop by booth #256 to meet our team! http://t.co/kMX0x2kb1Y - 1 week ago
- Now and then Outlook for Mac hides inexplicably and irreversibly some messages (using gmail with IMAP). Falling back to @Postbox mode! - 1 week ago