Part One with 1-15 September 201 Timeline Here.
September is over and it’s time to analyze this month from an Information Security perspective with the second part of the Cyber Attack Timeline.
Probably this month will be remembered for the massive outage of six U.S. Banks (Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo and PNC ) caused by a wave of DDoS attack carried on by alleged Muslim hackers in retaliation for the infamous movie (maybe this term is exaggerated) “The Innocence of Muslims”.
China has confirmed its intense activity inside the Cyber space. Alleged (state-sponsored?) Chinese hackers were allegedly behind the attack to Telvent, whose project files of its core product OASyS SCADA were stolen after a breach, and also behind a thwarted spear-phishing cyber attack against the White House.
Adobe suffered a high-profile breach which caused a build server to be compromised with the consequent theft of a certificate key used to sign two malware strains found on the wild (with the consequent necessary revoke of the compromised key affecting approximately 1,100 files).
Last but not least, the Hacktivism fever has apparently dropped. September has offered some attacks on the wake of the #OpFreeAssange campaign, and a new wave of attacks at the end of the month after the global protests set for September, the 29th, under the hashtag of #29s.
If you want to have an idea of how fragile our data are inside the cyberspace, have a look at the timelines of the main Cyber Attacks in 2011 and 2012 and the related statistics (regularly updated), and follow @paulsparrows on Twitter for the latest updates.
Also, feel free to submit remarkable incidents that in your opinion deserve to be included in the timelines (and charts).
- 489,163 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 15-31 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- May 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- March 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Master Index
- About Me
- 1-15 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- @taosecurity @Mandiant Sure, could I have more details? - 1 week ago
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Master Index wp.me/p14J6X-2q5 - 1 week ago
- Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance gu.com/p/3gec7/tw via @guardian - 1 week ago
- May 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics lnkd.in/FFm8cN - 1 week ago
- May 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics hackmageddon.com/2013/06/09/may… #Infosec #Cybercrime - 1 week ago
- Domino’s Pizza testing pizza-delivering drones fxn.ws/10NTX38 via @hushedfeet - 2 weeks ago
- Hard Work during the WE to post in time the May 2013 Cyber Attacks TImeline lnkd.in/BABPvC I'm abusing of my wife's patience :) - 2 weeks ago
- 15-31 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2pl - 2 weeks ago
- RT @teamcymru: 30million 'wi-fi' credit cards can be plundered by cyber identity thieves exploiting contactless payment technology http://t… - 2 weeks ago