The #OpMegaupload and its subsequent Cyber Attacks all over the world, are diverging the attention from what is happening in the Middle East where the Cyber Conflict between Arab and Israeli Hackers is proceeding at an apparently unstoppable pace which forced me to post an update for the events occurred in the last week.
The rapid escalation of personal information leaks which characterized in the first two weeks of January has slightly changed shape, being replaced in the third week by Defacements and DDoS campaigns (targeting also the web sites of two Israeli Hospitals, as to say that a Cyber Geneva Convention is needed). Other dumps has also occurred, but not of the same scale as the first two weeks of January.
Besides the mutual DDoS and defacements to each other web sites, so far a quick calculation shows that since the beginning of this cyber war Arab Hackers have dumped more than 410,000 Credit Cards and 170,000 accounts, while the Israeli Counterparts have published approximately 11,000 Credit Cards, details of 140,000 individuals and 105,000 emails. Even if these data have to be taken with attention since many records have proven to be duplicated or fake, one consideration is clear: even Cyber Wars have their digital casualties.
The worst is yet to come?
- 1,222,463 hits since November 2010
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use the information contained in my posts is free to do so, provided my blog is mentioned in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 16-30 November 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- Fortune 500 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- November 2014 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- August 2014 Cyber Attacks Statistics