The first half of August has gone, so it is time for the Cyber Attacks Timeline summarizing the main events occurred in this period.
Looks like the massive breaches have decided to have a break during August. Although the first fifteen days have shown a remarkable number of attacks, no huge leaks have been recorded.
The only exception is the latest attack to the United States Department of Energy (14,000 individuals potentially affected) and the one targeting the Ferris State University with nearly 60,000 records potentially affected.
Other remarkable events include the attacks against Opscode and Crytek. In this latter case four websites have been temporarily taken down.
Last but not least, the Syrian Electronic Army is back in action, and its wave of Social Engineering attack has directly and indirectly hit many primary targets such as Channel 4 and the New York Post (via the hack to the SocialFlow platform).
Important: this period has also seen an high cyber activity between India and Pakistan. The attacks deserve a dedicated timeline to be published very soon. So they will not appear in this timeline.
As usual, if you want to have an idea of how fragile our data are inside the cyberspace, have a look at the timelines of the main Cyber Attacks in 2011, 2012 and now 2013 (regularly updated). You may also want to have a look at the Cyber Attack Statistics, and follow @paulsparrows on Twitter for the latest updates.
Also, feel free to submit remarkable incidents that in your opinion deserve to be included in the timelines (and charts).
- 718,012 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- August 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 1-15 February 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- May I Be Arrested For Using LOIC?
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- Web Security For Advanced Malware And Persistent Threats info.lastline.com/blog/web-secur… - 2 days ago
- @lazy_daemon @malm0u53 @unibirmingham @lastlineinc You can find it in the project main page together with the report: c2report.org - 2 days ago
- An Interesting #infographic from the same project promoted by @unibirmingham in collaboration with @lastlineinc http://t.co/OlrisuUkNZ - 2 days ago
- Command & Control, Understanding, Denying and Detecting: c2report.org/report.pdf - 2 days ago
- RT @lastlineinc: The New Age Of The Security Startup - @TechCrunch article featuring Lastline: hub.am/1dnTBGu http://t.co/9oOZUVgMH9 - 3 days ago
- 1-15 February 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2xl - 5 days ago
- RT @lastlineinc: @RSAConference is far from over. Come meet our team at booth 2537 to talk everything security! http://t.co/mQNB8cbQtw - 1 week ago
- @lastlineinc named Best Security Startup at the Annual Info Security 2014 Global Excellence Industry Awards info.lastline.com/blog/lastline-… - 1 week ago
- RT @lastlineinc: Kicking off @RSAConference with 5 wins, including Best New Security Start-Up @infosecuritypg Excellence Awards: http://t.c… - 1 week ago
- @lastlineinc announces Interoperability with @hpsecurity TippingPoint lastline.com/company/press-… - 1 week ago