Cyber War News has just reported the details of a small database leak against Udinese Calcio, one of the oldest and most important Italian “Serie A” Football teams (Udinese ended the last Italian season at the third place and is going to play the preliminary phase of the prestigious UEFA Champions League).
As far as I remember, this is the first time that a “Serie A” Football Team gets hacked, and among the remarkable records that Udinese collected during the 2011-2012 season, this is probably the most unwelcome. The leak has been performed by norton-z, who has exploited an SQL Injection vulnerability on the team’s web site and has hence dumped on pastebin some details including administrative accounts.
If you follow my timelines you will have probably noticed that norton-z has been very active in the last period, so it looks like he has decided to turn his attention to Italy and just to a Football team (in the same days in which the continent is watching the European Championship EURO 2012 in Poland and Ukraine).
If you are just wondering if the leak is somehow related to the recent scandal (AKA Calciopoli AKA Operation Last Bet) which has dramatically hit the Italian Football Landscape, you will probably be disappointed. According to the autohor’s pastebin statement, there is no other reason than fun!
Is it time for football teams to allocate some budget for securing their online services?
Thanks to @Cyber_War_News for the fresh info!
- 718,493 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- August 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 1-15 February 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- May I Be Arrested For Using LOIC?
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- Web Security For Advanced Malware And Persistent Threats info.lastline.com/blog/web-secur… - 3 days ago
- @lazy_daemon @malm0u53 @unibirmingham @lastlineinc You can find it in the project main page together with the report: c2report.org - 3 days ago
- An Interesting #infographic from the same project promoted by @unibirmingham in collaboration with @lastlineinc http://t.co/OlrisuUkNZ - 3 days ago
- Command & Control, Understanding, Denying and Detecting: c2report.org/report.pdf - 3 days ago
- RT @lastlineinc: The New Age Of The Security Startup - @TechCrunch article featuring Lastline: hub.am/1dnTBGu http://t.co/9oOZUVgMH9 - 4 days ago
- 1-15 February 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2xl - 6 days ago
- RT @lastlineinc: @RSAConference is far from over. Come meet our team at booth 2537 to talk everything security! http://t.co/mQNB8cbQtw - 1 week ago
- @lastlineinc named Best Security Startup at the Annual Info Security 2014 Global Excellence Industry Awards info.lastline.com/blog/lastline-… - 1 week ago
- RT @lastlineinc: Kicking off @RSAConference with 5 wins, including Best New Security Start-Up @infosecuritypg Excellence Awards: http://t.c… - 1 week ago
- @lastlineinc announces Interoperability with @hpsecurity TippingPoint lastline.com/company/press-… - 1 week ago