If you need to know what Cyber Crime is but you are bored and fed up with the too many information security terms, loosing yourself among the acronyms, you have stumbled upon the correct place. I have just compiled a very special alphabet which collects the terms related to Cybercrime. Forgive me for some “poetic license” and enjoy this half-serious list.
A like APT
Yes, the Advanced Persistent Threats have been the undisputed protagonists of 2011. An APT is essentially an attack carried on with different vectors, different stages and on a distributed time windows (yes, it Persistent). APT are behind the most remarkable events of 2011 such as the RSA Breach, Stuxnet, and so on…
B like Botnet
Botnet are networks of compromised machines that are used by cybercriminals to perpetrate their malicious action. Tipically a compromised machine becomes part of a botnet where the master distributes the commands from a C&C Server. Command may include the theft of information or the attack to other machines.
C like Crime-As-A-Service
The last frontier of Cybercrime: why developing costly malware if you can find a wide offer of customizable malware on the black market offering help desk and support services?
D like DLP
Data Leackage (or Lost) prevention is a suite of technologies that may help organization to counter the theft of information by preventing misuse or leak of data while they are in use at the endpoint (DIU), in transit on the network (DIM), or simply it is an aggregated Dark Matter on the corporate servers (DAR) that needs to be indexed and cataloged (and possibly classified and assessed).
- 878,674 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- 1-15 August 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- 1-15 June 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- July 2014 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 1-15 August 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2DG - 1 day ago
- Europe's new data laws: how many cloud vendors would comply? Only one cloud provider in 100 study finds. zdnet.com/europes-new-da… - 3 days ago
- RT @helpnetsecurity: A look at advanced targeted attacks through the lens of a human-rights NGO - bit.ly/1nNAt5s - 6 days ago
- New study: Activists pose easy target for nation-state attackers ars.to/1uLbZ2C - 1 week ago
- A Look at Advanced Targeted Attacks Through the Lense of a Human-Rights NGO, World Uyghur Congress labs.lastline.com/a-look-at-adva… - 1 week ago
- July 2014 Cyber Attacks Statistics wp.me/p14J6X-2Dm - 1 week ago
- @jmsahr @ericdknapp @icsisac THX 4 jumping into the fray! If helpful I tried in the past.. 2 much time Xpensive 4 me! paulsparrows.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/infogr… - 1 week ago
- RT @lastlineinc: At @BlackHatEvents? Stop by booth #256 to meet our team! http://t.co/kMX0x2kb1Y - 1 week ago
- Now and then Outlook for Mac hides inexplicably and irreversibly some messages (using gmail with IMAP). Falling back to @Postbox mode! - 1 week ago
- RT @raistolo: Standing room only and packed room for @lastlineinc 's Chris Kruegel speaking on emulation for dynamic malware analysis - 1 week ago