August is gone (and unfortunately the Summer is also reaching the end), so it is time to analyze what happened in the Cyber Space during the second half of this month.
Apparently the hacktivism has been the most influencing factor of the last two weeks on the wake of the sad events happening in Syria, which also influenced the Cyber Space from both sides (loyalists represented by the Syrian Electronic Army and rebels represented by the Anonymous). Other events influencing the landscape include the protests in Turkey, Colombia, Gabon and (marginally) Egypt, which also had some echoes in the Cyber Space.
On the Cyber Crime front the chronicles report the breaches against the RPG League of Legends (million of users theoretically at risk), the Estate Agent Foxtons (10,000 records allegedly compromised) and Pizza Hut Spain and Malta (7,000 records leaked) and a controversial attack to Twitter (nearly 18,000 accounts leaked purportedly belonging to Turkish users).
As usual, if you want to have an idea of how fragile our data are inside the cyberspace, have a look at the timelines of the main Cyber Attacks in 2011, 2012 and now 2013 (regularly updated). You may also want to have a look at the Cyber Attack Statistics, and follow @paulsparrows on Twitter for the latest updates.
Also, feel free to submit remarkable incidents that in your opinion deserve to be included in the timelines (and charts).
- 639,407 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- November 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- August 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 16-30 November 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 1-15 November 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- About Me
- November 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics wp.me/p14J6X-2u5 - 1 day ago
- RT @tvcutsem: Best explanation I read so far on why Bitcoin has value reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comm… - 1 day ago
- Hack on JPMorgan website exposes data for 465,000 card holders ars.to/IKUpsG - 3 days ago
- 16-30 November 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2tY - 5 days ago
- 1-15 November 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2tO - 2 weeks ago
- RT @Accumuli_Sec: Accumuli signs partnership with @Lastlineinc and announces availability of integration suite into #SIEM platforms http://… - 2 weeks ago
- October 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics wp.me/p14J6X-2tw - 3 weeks ago
- Anti-APT startup Lastline heads for London's Tech City - Techworld.com news.techworld.com/security/34895… - 3 weeks ago
- 1-16 October 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2tp - 3 weeks ago
- It's time to go back to Europe. Thank you @Mandiant @taosecurity for this awesome #MIRcon - 1 month ago