Click here for the Middle East Cyber War Master Index with the Complete Timeline.
This week of Cyber War on the Middle East front, has shown a slight change on the Cyber Conflict trend. For the first time since January, psyops have deserved a primary role, maybe on the wake of the video released by the Anonymous against Israel one week ago. Not only the Jerusalem Post calls the video into question, but also argues that it may have been forged by Iran, identifying a state sponsored impersonation behind the entry of Anonymous in this cyber war.
But this has not been the only psyops event as an alleged message from Mossad to the Anonymous has appeared on pastebin, whose beginning sounds like a dark warning: If you want to be a hero start with saving your own lives. Although there are many doubts on its truthfulness, it deserves a particular attention since outlines a new age on psyops, what I call “pastebin psyops”.
But a war is not made only of psyops, so this week has also seen more hostile actions, among which the most remarkable one has been the leak of 300,000 accounts from Israeli Ministry of Construction and Housing. This action had been preannounced by a wave of attacks on primary Israeli sites (which targeted also the PM site), and most of all, has been carried on by 0xOmar, the absolute initiator of this cyber conflict.
Palestine has been targeted as well, and it is really interesting to read under this perspective a statement by Ammar al-Ikir, the head of Paltel, the Palestinian telecommunications provider according to whom cyber attacks on Palestinian websites and internet servers have escalated since Palestine joined UNESCO.
On the Iranian front chronicle report of a failed cyber attacks againstPress TV, Iran’s English-language 24-hour news channel and most of all of a controversial statement by Gholam Reza Jalali, a senior Iranian military official in charge of head of the Iranian Cyber Intelligence, according to whom the country’s nuclear facilities have finally been made immune to cyber attacks. And it is not a coincidence that in this week Iran has kicked off the first national conference on Cyber Defense. A matter that deserves a special attention by Tehran because of the growing number of attacks on Iran’s cyber space by US and Israel. On the other hand, Israel did a similar move one month ago, at very early stage of the cyber conflict.
- 880,065 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 1-15 August 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- TCP Split Handshake Attack Explained
- July 2014 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- About Me
- RT @lastlineinc: Lastline Secures $10 Million in Funding info.lastline.com/blog/lastline-… http://t.co/qGLzfYe426 - 10 hours ago
- @lastlineinc Secures $10 Million Funding Round lastline.com/company/press-… - 10 hours ago
- UPS says 51 stores infected with credit card stealing malware ars.to/1nbAUal - 20 hours ago
- 1-15 August 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2DG - 2 days ago
- Europe's new data laws: how many cloud vendors would comply? Only one cloud provider in 100 study finds. zdnet.com/europes-new-da… - 4 days ago
- RT @helpnetsecurity: A look at advanced targeted attacks through the lens of a human-rights NGO - bit.ly/1nNAt5s - 1 week ago
- New study: Activists pose easy target for nation-state attackers ars.to/1uLbZ2C - 1 week ago
- A Look at Advanced Targeted Attacks Through the Lense of a Human-Rights NGO, World Uyghur Congress labs.lastline.com/a-look-at-adva… - 1 week ago
- July 2014 Cyber Attacks Statistics wp.me/p14J6X-2Dm - 1 week ago
- @jmsahr @ericdknapp @icsisac THX 4 jumping into the fray! If helpful I tried in the past.. 2 much time Xpensive 4 me! paulsparrows.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/infogr… - 1 week ago