If you need to know what Cyber Crime is but you are bored and fed up with the too many information security terms, loosing yourself among the acronyms, you have stumbled upon the correct place. I have just compiled a very special alphabet which collects the terms related to Cybercrime. Forgive me for some “poetic license” and enjoy this half-serious list.
A like APT
Yes, the Advanced Persistent Threats have been the undisputed protagonists of 2011. An APT is essentially an attack carried on with different vectors, different stages and on a distributed time windows (yes, it Persistent). APT are behind the most remarkable events of 2011 such as the RSA Breach, Stuxnet, and so on…
B like Botnet
Botnet are networks of compromised machines that are used by cybercriminals to perpetrate their malicious action. Tipically a compromised machine becomes part of a botnet where the master distributes the commands from a C&C Server. Command may include the theft of information or the attack to other machines.
C like Crime-As-A-Service
The last frontier of Cybercrime: why developing costly malware if you can find a wide offer of customizable malware on the black market offering help desk and support services?
D like DLP
Data Leackage (or Lost) prevention is a suite of technologies that may help organization to counter the theft of information by preventing misuse or leak of data while they are in use at the endpoint (DIU), in transit on the network (DIM), or simply it is an aggregated Dark Matter on the corporate servers (DAR) that needs to be indexed and cataloged (and possibly classified and assessed).
- 717,748 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- August 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 1-15 February 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- 16-31 August 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- Web Security For Advanced Malware And Persistent Threats info.lastline.com/blog/web-secur… - 1 day ago
- @lazy_daemon @malm0u53 @unibirmingham @lastlineinc You can find it in the project main page together with the report: c2report.org - 2 days ago
- An Interesting #infographic from the same project promoted by @unibirmingham in collaboration with @lastlineinc http://t.co/OlrisuUkNZ - 2 days ago
- Command & Control, Understanding, Denying and Detecting: c2report.org/report.pdf - 2 days ago
- RT @lastlineinc: The New Age Of The Security Startup - @TechCrunch article featuring Lastline: hub.am/1dnTBGu http://t.co/9oOZUVgMH9 - 3 days ago
- 1-15 February 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2xl - 5 days ago
- RT @lastlineinc: @RSAConference is far from over. Come meet our team at booth 2537 to talk everything security! http://t.co/mQNB8cbQtw - 1 week ago
- @lastlineinc named Best Security Startup at the Annual Info Security 2014 Global Excellence Industry Awards info.lastline.com/blog/lastline-… - 1 week ago
- RT @lastlineinc: Kicking off @RSAConference with 5 wins, including Best New Security Start-Up @infosecuritypg Excellence Awards: http://t.c… - 1 week ago
- @lastlineinc announces Interoperability with @hpsecurity TippingPoint lastline.com/company/press-… - 1 week ago