1-15 April 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
And here it is the timeline reporting the Cyber Attacks happened during the first half of April 2014, a month probably long remembered within the Infosec Chronicles for the discovery of the terrible Heartbleed bug (two attacks have been recorded, so far, related to this devastating vulnerability).
Besides the infamous Heartbleed, the most important events of this timeline are related to Cyber Crime. Germany in particular had a bad surprise, with the discovery of a list of 18 million compromised e-mail accounts and passwords, affecting all major German Internet service providers. The list of the remarkable targets also includes Lacie, victim of a malware putting at risk the users who performed on-line purchases from the company web site, the Harley Medical Group (500,000 accounts potentially compromised) and, once again, South Korea where unknown hackers were able to steal the personal information of about 200,000 credit card users, racking up fraudulent charges of about $115,ooo.
The feared wave of cyber attacks against Israel, promised by several Anonymous affiliated hacktivists for the 7th of April, did not happen. The impact of the attacks was limited and in many cases several old leaks were ‘recycled’.
Last but not least, Germany’s Space Research Center in Cologne, was the victim of a targeted attack. Suspects point to China.
As usual, if you want to have an idea of how fragile our data are inside the cyberspace, have a look at the timelines of the main Cyber Attacks in 2011, 2012 and now 2013 (regularly updated). You may also want to have a look at the Cyber Attack Statistics, and follow @paulsparrows on Twitter for the latest updates.
Also, feel free to submit remarkable incidents that in your opinion deserve to be included in the timelines (and charts).
- 857,939 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 1-15 July 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- May I Be Arrested For Using LOIC?
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- May 2014 Cyber Attack Statistics
- 1-15 June 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- P.F. Chang's incident calls for updating payments tech lnkd.in/dQpjRE8 - 4 days ago
- @artbyalida @thepacketrat he did the same one week ago for CNET… - 4 days ago
- WSJ website hacked, data offered for 1 bitcoin -> Here's a cyber attack that will be included in the next timeline: arstechnica.com/security/2014/… - 4 days ago
- @HP TippingPoint and @lastlineinc team up to offer advanced network protection h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Security… - 4 days ago
- Without a good Italian espresso it's impossible to build cutting-edge technology! http://t.co/GZTZFXktsc - 4 days ago
- @lastlineinc recognized by CRN as a 2014 Emerging Vendor | Business Wire businesswire.com/news/home/2014… - 6 days ago
- 1-15 July 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline #Infosec #Cyberattacks wp.me/p14J6X-2D9 - 6 days ago
- @ckreibich same test worked with an @A10Networks SSL inspector: malicious files downloaded through an https connection perfectly detected! - 1 week ago
- RT @lastlineinc: 'Cloud malware analysis a must-have for advanced threat protection' @TechTarget bit.ly/W70Opa http://t.co/ji5qWtt… - 1 week ago
- RT @cedricpernet: We are proud to be the first french guys to release a white paper about an #APT group :) ow.ly/z2fzL #cybercri… - 1 week ago