1-15 December 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline
Christmas is coming quickly, we have just passed the first half of December, and hence it’s time for the first update of the Cyber Attacks Timeline for December.
The Team GhostShell has decided to close the year with a clamorous Cyber Attack, and hence,as part of the project ProjectWhiteFox, has leaked 1.6 million of accounts from several organizations all over the world. This is the most important event for this first part of the month that apparently has shown a decreasing trend. Hacktivists are still focusing their attention (and their keyboards) to Israel, and Cyber Criminals are maybe preparing for the Christmas attacks.
However, the main events of the first half of December, are related to hacktivism, besides the above mentioned cyber attack, it worth to mention the new wave of massive DDoS attacks against US Banks (up to 60 Gbps of peak according to Arbor Networks), but also the leak of a ITU document on the future of Deep Packet Inspection and the attacks in Egypt, Mexico and India.
Last but not least: this two weeks also offered a giant attack to the famous Social Platform Tumblr and also the warning of the Switzerland’s national security agency (NDB) that a huge amount of secrets may have been leaked by a disgruntled IT Administrator.
If you want to have an idea of how fragile our data are inside the cyberspace, have a look at the timelines of the main Cyber Attacks in 2011 and 2012 and the related statistics (regularly updated), and follow @paulsparrows on Twitter for the latest updates.
Also, feel free to submit remarkable incidents that in your opinion deserve to be included in the timelines (and charts). To do so, you can use this form.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 464,727 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 1-15 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- March 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- April 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- About Me
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- 1-15 April 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 1-15 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline hackmageddon.com/2013/05/23/1-1… #Infosec - 2 days ago
- Apparently someone flags the Cisco Website as malicious... virustotal.com/en/url/fb74e6d… - 2 days ago
- RT @marco_cova: IE8 0-day exploit (CVE-2013-1347) analyzed on Wepawet: bit.ly/13IZs2E - 3 days ago
- RT @jc_vazquez: Vista Equity Partners to Buy Websense #News #InfoSec on.wsj.com/13BfWaw via @WSJ - 5 days ago
- Pentagon OKs Androids, BlackBerrys for soldiers nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/05/07/pen… - 6 days ago
- April 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics wp.me/p14J6X-2oX - 6 days ago
- RT @LastlineLabs: Marco Cova from Lastline talking about hacktivism on Italian TV ow.ly/l8Az6 - 1 week ago
- RT @lastlineinc: Malware can make itself invisible: in the case of RSA security's breach, malware went undetected for 1/2 year http://t.co/… - 1 week ago
- RT @gianlucaSB: SMS-based command and control protocols are here ow.ly/l47Ye - 1 week ago
- Skype with care Microsoft is reading everything you write h-online.com/security/news/… - 1 week ago