Middle East Cyberwar Timeline Part II
The #OpMegaupload and its subsequent Cyber Attacks all over the world, are diverging the attention from what is happening in the Middle East where the Cyber Conflict between Arab and Israeli Hackers is proceeding at an apparently unstoppable pace which forced me to post an update for the events occurred in the last week.
The rapid escalation of personal information leaks which characterized in the first two weeks of January has slightly changed shape, being replaced in the third week by Defacements and DDoS campaigns (targeting also the web sites of two Israeli Hospitals, as to say that a Cyber Geneva Convention is needed). Other dumps has also occurred, but not of the same scale as the first two weeks of January.
Besides the mutual DDoS and defacements to each other web sites, so far a quick calculation shows that since the beginning of this cyber war Arab Hackers have dumped more than 410,000 Credit Cards and 170,000 accounts, while the Israeli Counterparts have published approximately 11,000 Credit Cards, details of 140,000 individuals and 105,000 emails. Even if these data have to be taken with attention since many records have proven to be duplicated or fake, one consideration is clear: even Cyber Wars have their digital casualties.
The worst is yet to come?
- Middle East Cyber War Timeline (paulsparrows.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 489,715 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 15-31 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Master Index
- March 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- May 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- About Me
- @taosecurity @Mandiant Sure, could I have more details? - 1 week ago
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Master Index wp.me/p14J6X-2q5 - 1 week ago
- Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance gu.com/p/3gec7/tw via @guardian - 1 week ago
- May 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics lnkd.in/FFm8cN - 1 week ago
- May 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics hackmageddon.com/2013/06/09/may… #Infosec #Cybercrime - 1 week ago
- Domino’s Pizza testing pizza-delivering drones fxn.ws/10NTX38 via @hushedfeet - 2 weeks ago
- Hard Work during the WE to post in time the May 2013 Cyber Attacks TImeline lnkd.in/BABPvC I'm abusing of my wife's patience :) - 2 weeks ago
- 15-31 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2pl - 2 weeks ago
- RT @teamcymru: 30million 'wi-fi' credit cards can be plundered by cyber identity thieves exploiting contactless payment technology http://t… - 2 weeks ago