MySpace Hacked? No It wasn’t!
Update: Next Web pointed out that that what has been reported is a standard error message used by MySpace since 2009. I know these are hard times of hoaxes and psychological terrorism driven by the recent hacks by Anonymous and LulzSec but I hope that the lesson will be learned. Probably it would be better, in times like these, to use clearer error messages. At any rate this is only the latest demonstration of what it means to be hacking in the time of Twitter: advertising an attack, too often before performing it, has become even more important than the effect of the attack itself.
As usual the hack was announced with an (Anonymous) tweet:
Following the link (http://www.myspace.com/modules/common/static/html/error.html) leads to a bad surprise, a page whose title is meaningful “All is wrong :(“. By the way www.myspace.com is currently unavailable.
We messed up our code so bad that even puppies and kittens may be in danger. Please turn back …now.
- 858,989 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 1-15 July 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics (Summary)
- 1-15 June 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2011 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- Ready to take off... Flying to Santa Barbara to meet my colleagues of @LastlineLabs - 1 day ago
- P.F. Chang's incident calls for updating payments tech lnkd.in/dQpjRE8 - 5 days ago
- @artbyalida @thepacketrat he did the same one week ago for CNET… - 5 days ago
- WSJ website hacked, data offered for 1 bitcoin -> Here's a cyber attack that will be included in the next timeline: arstechnica.com/security/2014/… - 5 days ago
- @HP TippingPoint and @lastlineinc team up to offer advanced network protection h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Security… - 5 days ago
- Without a good Italian espresso it's impossible to build cutting-edge technology! http://t.co/GZTZFXktsc - 5 days ago
- @lastlineinc recognized by CRN as a 2014 Emerging Vendor | Business Wire businesswire.com/news/home/2014… - 1 week ago
- 1-15 July 2014 Cyber Attacks Timeline #Infosec #Cyberattacks wp.me/p14J6X-2D9 - 1 week ago
- @ckreibich same test worked with an @A10Networks SSL inspector: malicious files downloaded through an https connection perfectly detected! - 1 week ago
- RT @lastlineinc: 'Cloud malware analysis a must-have for advanced threat protection' @TechTarget bit.ly/W70Opa http://t.co/ji5qWtt… - 1 week ago