MySpace Hacked? No It wasn’t!
Update: Next Web pointed out that that what has been reported is a standard error message used by MySpace since 2009. I know these are hard times of hoaxes and psychological terrorism driven by the recent hacks by Anonymous and LulzSec but I hope that the lesson will be learned. Probably it would be better, in times like these, to use clearer error messages. At any rate this is only the latest demonstration of what it means to be hacking in the time of Twitter: advertising an attack, too often before performing it, has become even more important than the effect of the attack itself.
As usual the hack was announced with an (Anonymous) tweet:
Following the link (http://www.myspace.com/modules/common/static/html/error.html) leads to a bad surprise, a page whose title is meaningful “All is wrong “. By the way www.myspace.com is currently unavailable.
We messed up our code so bad that even puppies and kittens may be in danger. Please turn back …now.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 465,090 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 1-15 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- March 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- April 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 16-30 April 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 1-16 February 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 1-15 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline hackmageddon.com/2013/05/23/1-1… #Infosec - 2 days ago
- Apparently someone flags the Cisco Website as malicious... virustotal.com/en/url/fb74e6d… - 2 days ago
- RT @marco_cova: IE8 0-day exploit (CVE-2013-1347) analyzed on Wepawet: bit.ly/13IZs2E - 4 days ago
- RT @jc_vazquez: Vista Equity Partners to Buy Websense #News #InfoSec on.wsj.com/13BfWaw via @WSJ - 5 days ago
- Pentagon OKs Androids, BlackBerrys for soldiers nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/05/07/pen… - 6 days ago
- April 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics wp.me/p14J6X-2oX - 1 week ago
- RT @LastlineLabs: Marco Cova from Lastline talking about hacktivism on Italian TV ow.ly/l8Az6 - 1 week ago
- RT @lastlineinc: Malware can make itself invisible: in the case of RSA security's breach, malware went undetected for 1/2 year http://t.co/… - 1 week ago
- RT @gianlucaSB: SMS-based command and control protocols are here ow.ly/l47Ye - 1 week ago
- Skype with care Microsoft is reading everything you write h-online.com/security/news/… - 1 week ago