Only a couple of days after the post dealing with the impact of Internet Connectivity and Social Networks for propaganda (and more in general for PsyOps Operation) my dear friend and Colleague David Cenciotti reported to me an interesting article dealing with the use of Twitter for psyops campaign (after the tweets of war for aleged military operations I already talked about)… Only a few hours and it happened exactly what I had theorized (even if in a quite sophisticated manner).
As a matter of fact, as reported in the above quoted article, it looks like a patriot hacker, named The Jester (th3j35t3r) used Twitter to send specific messages to erode the morale of the loyalist enemy troops. For sure no one ever before today had never thought of taking so literally the well-known twetter motto “Follow me”, which sounds much better as “Follow My Thoughts”.
This occurrence confirms the need of keeping the internet connections up and running during military operations. Next prophecy? Will we soon see wi-fi drones in the Unified Protector Operation? And Maybe Loyalist hackers performing wardriving against them?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 489,583 hits since November 2010
08/13/2011 - My Post on Android Malware Mentioned on Engadget.
04/14/2011 - The Article Smart Grid: L'ultima Frontiera del Cybercrime published on ICT Security Magazine May 2011.
03/14/2011 - Security Summit 2011: Paolo Passeri guest at Round Table "Mobile Security: Rischi, Tecnologie, Mercato"
02/14/2011 - The Article Gears of Cyberwar published on ICT Security Magazine January 2011.
About This Blog
In this blog I express my personal opinion, which does not necessarily reflects the opinion of my organization, about events and news or interest, concerning information security, winking to mobile world and, why not, to some curious personal event.
Every information is reported with its source.
Anyone intending to use information contained in my post is free to do so, provided that mention my blog in your article.
Top Posts & Pages
- List Of Hacked Celebrities Who Had (Nude) Photos Leaked
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- 2012 Cyber Attacks Timeline Master Index
- 15-31 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Master Index
- About Me
- May 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- March 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics
- A (Graphical) World of Botnets and Cyber Attacks
- @taosecurity @Mandiant Sure, could I have more details? - 1 week ago
- 2013 Cyber Attacks Master Index wp.me/p14J6X-2q5 - 1 week ago
- Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance gu.com/p/3gec7/tw via @guardian - 1 week ago
- May 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics lnkd.in/FFm8cN - 1 week ago
- May 2013 Cyber Attacks Statistics hackmageddon.com/2013/06/09/may… #Infosec #Cybercrime - 1 week ago
- Domino’s Pizza testing pizza-delivering drones fxn.ws/10NTX38 via @hushedfeet - 2 weeks ago
- Hard Work during the WE to post in time the May 2013 Cyber Attacks TImeline lnkd.in/BABPvC I'm abusing of my wife's patience :) - 2 weeks ago
- 15-31 May 2013 Cyber Attacks Timeline wp.me/p14J6X-2pl - 2 weeks ago
- RT @teamcymru: 30million 'wi-fi' credit cards can be plundered by cyber identity thieves exploiting contactless payment technology http://t… - 2 weeks ago